Monday, May 5, 2008

G1 Takara C-311 Headmaster Grand Maximus

Grand Max with Pretender & Cog
Back View
Side profile
Upper Half Front
Upper Half Back with yellowing... sigh

Pretender and Cog


After 6 years, I finally got Grand Maximus after I had Brave and Fortress Maximus. I might not have the complete set but with the main guy, I'm more than satisfy. The watermark Qusol is the seller who sold this monster to me. I missed 2 opportunities to own it, so I just grab this at 3rd time. Grand Max released in Japan only in 1987, Made in Macau under Takara. The back part got some yellowing and I will update with more pictures if I'm free to transform it to base mode, which I don't really think so for now. Originally from the Masterforce series, Grand Max stands hand to hand with God Ginrai to go against the infamous Black Scorponok. Basically, it has the same mold as Fotress Maximus but with the Pretender shell extra and of course the different color schemes. The combinations color red and blue is nicer than Brave and Fort Max. I would say among the 3, Grand Max looks the best.

Below is the reference from the original box, I don't owned it though, sigh.... Notes:
* 1 of the 3 largest Transformers Base
* Never released in US due to the size of the toy which violates the US regulations
* From the Masterforce Series, 1987 Made in Macau
* NO KO Version of the toy but parts like the guns and the sword are reissued KO
* Grand Max and parts are getting VERY RARE and extremely expensive to get

No comments: